April 17, 2016

AXL ROSE AC/DC's NEW FRONTMAN AND ALL THE NAY-SAYERS

AXL ROSE AC/DC's NEW FRONTMAN AND ALL THE NAY-SAYERS
By: Michael D. Tobin April 17, 2016

I'M GOING A BIT OFF TOPIC ON THIS, AS I OCCASIONALLY DO, ALSO UNIQUE BEINGS THERE'S YESTERDAYS ECUADOR 7.8 QUAKE W/HUNDREDS DEAD, GREAT DESTRUCTION AND AT THE SAME TIME AS SOUTHERN JAPAN'S THREE-DAY-EXPERIENCE OF THREE QUAKES RANGING FROM 6.7-7.4 WITH DOZENS DEAD AND TERRIBLE DESTRUCTION. YOU CAN SEE MY PREVIOUS BLOGS ON MY EFFORTS TO GO AND BE A FIRST-RESPONDER IN JAPAN, ECUADOR, OR TEXAS, AFTER THEIR FLOODS.

I'M ROBBING A TOPIC FROM A FRIEND'S FACEBOOK PAGE AND MODIFYING IT HERE. My friend is a leader of a band, and he asked what do people think of Axl Rose taking on the frontman position of AC/DC. You can imagine probably, all the f-words and vitriol and well-meaning advice. But I can't and I couldn't figure out all the negative bad vibes in most of the answers. Evidently Axle Rose is AC/DC's new frontman and the internet is all ablaze 'n the experts are agen' it. Go figure. ( Confirmed: Axl Rose Is AC/DC's New Lead Singer ) So my response to my friend's question was, " I think he's perfect for an otherwise impossible situation that the band is in. Good for him. And good for the band."

Anybody remember Michael Tait taking the frontman position of Australia's Christian band, "Newsboys"? I was a very avid fan of that band from the beginning, and though I was also an avid fan of Michael Tait and his career from the beginning, I didn't think it would work, but they kept growing and it's phenomenal.) I remember when Brian Johnson took over and I thought AC/DC was toast. But then their next album came out and the rest is history. And I liked AC/DC more than all of my friends. They were all into Van Halen before they became Van Hagar, and liking Led Zepelin because it made them cool. Had most of the fans even knew just who these frontmen actually were and where they came from, they just may have had an even more appreciation, instead of some cool rebellious image. And of course, gossip celebrity t.v. wasn't what it has become today and social media wasn't around for everyone to become experts. But I digress.

 I know AC/DC is a secular band but people have gifts, talents and careers and nobody is perfect. I don't know how horrible of a human being Axl Rose is either. I never read a single article, blog or watched anything on t.v. about him or the band. I know I bought Guns n' Roses' first hit cassette when it came out in 1988 though. And at 24 years old that was the first brand new recording I had ever bought. That's how good Axl Rose and the band was to me. Sure, I was a rock-n'-roller and still am, but I just never saw the need to be a consumer. Sorry bands. But I did get to see quite a few of my favorites live. (And my life's events from then on actually prohibited me from seeing Guns n' Roses in concert back then up until their split.) So I've seen Bob Seger, Heart, John Cougar Mellencamp, Pat Travers, Rainbow, Jethro Tull, War, Canned Heat (without their original lead, GooGoo Dolls) and a bit more. So here's something the next big music industry hooplah reminds me of. And now I got my say out, people can have at it, and we'll watch history unfold, unsuspected as usual. And keep in mind that we have so many examples in the music industry where the impossible was made possible amongst all the doubt and resistance. 

God Can Use Us All
Sometimes do you ever wonder why God called you to do something for Him? There are many reasons why God shouldn't have called you, or me, or anyone else for that matter, but God doesn't wait until we are perfect to call us. Think of all those God used. You're in good company if you think you aren't ready for God to use.

Abraham lied. Sarah laughed at God's promises.
Moses stuttered. David's armor didn't fit.
John Mark was rejected by Paul.
Timothy had ulcers.
Hosea's wife was a prostitute.
Amos' only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Solomon was too rich.
Jesus was too poor.
Abraham was to old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a murderer.
So was Moses.
Jonah ran from God.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
Martha was a worry-wort.
Mary may have been lazy.
Samson had long hair.
Noah got drunk.
Did I mention Moses had a short fuse?
So did Peter, Paul and lots of folks.
But God doesn't hire and fire like most bosses because He's more like our Dad than a boss. He doesn't look at financial gain or loss. He's not prejudiced or partial, nor sassy and brassy, nor deaf to our cry. He's not blind to our faults. His gifts to us are free. We could do wonderful things for others and still not be wonderful ourselves. Satan says, "You're not worthy!" Jesus says, "So what? I AM." Satan looks back and sees our mistakes. God looks back and sees the Cross.

Author unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ricky Davis Indie Hits And Bill Little Scott Films Latest Movies 032624

  Ricky Davis Indie Hits And Bill Little Scott Films Latest Movies  By: Michael D Tobin March 26, 2024 On this episode of the Lookout Guy po...