January 20, 2011

The Ancient Of Days By: Michael D. Tobin

The Ancient Of Days
By: Michael D. Tobin Jan 20, 2011

The following is my debut blog, and I see no better way than to dedicate my first blog to The Ancient Of Days Himself. I believe you'll enjoy my page, visit often and just let me know if you liked me so much you were able to use anything on here as future reference. On my page you will experience the vastest array of literature you'll ever read anywhere else. I write unashamedly about whatever the heck I want, such as my faith in Christ Jesus, GOD, politics, civil, state, national and global events. So put your seat belts on and TELL on me to your friends and foes. Enjoy my page and I welcome all comments but no criticism haha. But seriously, I got great grades in participation throughout public grade school and college, so your participation is welcome
Mike
p.s. This writing has taken me since 2006 to proof-read and complete. It took a previous 13 yrs give or take, to finally gather all these thoughts that have been running through me and ultimately write it down. I always like Sir Johnathan Swift, and I have my favorite of his that I think is his most brilliant work ever, and I believe this one just may be my best work ever and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
 
 
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/note.php?note_id=419470439058
 
God bless you, everyone who reads this! I've loved Jesus since I was 6 years old when a Baptist Sunday school bus driver told me about Him on the way to church. You see, when I was very young up until age 10, there were many instances where God has used certain people, as well as my Mom, and an Aunt and Uncle, to encourage me to go to church. And from then, even throughout my adult life up until age 24, there were many more times when God actually spoke to me and used Christians to try to reach me. Well, sadly, I never have proven my love for Jesus until a yr after my marriage ended, at age 24, and I was at the end of MY rope. Well, it's been a long journey since July of 1989 when I finally came back to the Lord at age 25, and following is a single bit of Jesus and God that I just think is very astounding and marvelous.

To this day I am touched every time I read how Daniel refered to God as The Ancient Of Days. (Christophany as well as God, in Daniels vision). To me, for some reason, refering to Jesus as The Ancient of Days is as powerful as crying holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty.

Christophany definition: an appearance of Christ after His Resurrection, especially as recorded in the New Testament. (dictionary.com)

Following are three references by Daniel, one to God, and the other two, to someone other than God, as The Ancient of Days. Daniel wrote in Daniel 7:9, I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. John the Revelator recorded in Revelation 1:14, 15, His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire; and His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.

Now, here we have two instances, the first was Daniel's dream vision of The Ancient of Days, which is what is also a similar New Testament description of John the Revelators waken vision of Jesus, while experiencing a literal epiphany of the angel who was showing John these things to come. Both visions of Daniel and John were of things to come. So, as I mentioned, secondly, we have John's vision of Jesus as Daniel similarly described who was on the throne in Heaven. Had these two instances been seen in "the flesh" as in physical touch, these would have been an epihany (Greek: epiphania, as alter, such as an alteration; and more relative to the usual reference to the word epiphany, an appearance or a manifestation, especially of a divine being.

So notice in the above scripture in Daniel 7:9 how Daniel refers to who is sitting on the Heavenly throne, while the thrones of the earth were being cast down. Daniel describes the Ancient of Days as having actual hair, a white gown, and His wheels where as burning fire. Now here is a very magnificent thing: the Hebrew/Chaldean definition of wheel/s in the Strong's Biblical Concordance is the word, galgal, which is the same word used for three different meanings, the same way English uses same words for various different meanings,one of which is as a charriot wheel. But the instance in Daniel 7:9 is refering to a whirlwind, the only instance in the whole collection of books in the Bible where that word is used to refer to a whirlwind. Are you getting a wonderful picture of how great God is? Well, before continueing with the subject of this writing, the Ancient of Days, notice now, that His wheels (whirlwindS) were as burning fire, to Daniels sight. I am suggesting that these whirlwinds were at the Ancient of Days' bottom of His robe, at His feet. Because here is Johns vision of Revelation 1:13 "...the One like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. (Greek for a pocket, a purse, or a belt). And further in verse 15, His feet were as fine brass as if burned in a fire. Ironically, when the three Hebrew children were put into the furnace for obeying God rather than their captor king, the king saw and refered to a fourth man in the furnace, "as the SON of GOD, in the furnace). I think Jesus really did take all the fire, pain, and punishment for us! And instead of being damaged or mutilated, He bacame polished, and even more holy. He never changes, yet becomes bigger and greater, and holier. He became sin, yet He is clothed in fine linen, with a golden belt, and feet as brass with whirlwinds of fire at His feet. We know this, but the challenge is to direct the world to Him.

Here is the scripture where the Ancient of Days is describing who God is. Whereas, the previouse scripture is as we know Jesus to be. Daniel further records in Daniel 7:13, I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him (Jesus, or, the Son of man) near before him (God, or, The Ancient of Days). We should have no problem of understanding that there is a Trinity of three, and at the same time, the three are actually one, giving credence to the fact that there is one God. I have no qualms with God performing in three physical ways, and continuing as one at the same time. What's so hard about that if He is God?
Now here, finally, is a picture of what we can only believe that is still soon to come, as even the saints of the New Testament also felt was soon to come, even in their time. It says in Daniel 7:22, Until the Ancient of Days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Here is the second reference by Daniel to who we know as Jesus, as being the Ancient of Days. Daniel clearly saw parts of the future. Why the odd reference to Jesus, clearly not the O.T. picture of God, as having white, wooly hair? The ancient of days? As ancient as we can fathom would be as far back as Genesis chapter 1:26 when God said, "let us make man in our image. Then suddenly in the next verse "God created man in HIS OWN image; in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. So this is the Jesus being part of the us, who created man and woman as being in their and Gods image. He was the Ancient of Days! They are the Ancient of Days! Jesus will always be the Ancient of Days! And THEY WILL always be the Ancient of Days!

Michael D. Tobin

1 comment:

Ricky Davis Indie Hits And Bill Little Scott Films Latest Movies 032624

  Ricky Davis Indie Hits And Bill Little Scott Films Latest Movies  By: Michael D Tobin March 26, 2024 On this episode of the Lookout Guy po...